Anzac day acting like real soldiers going to war!🪖

Faka lofa lahi atu gimodalu ausi 🤩

On Tuesday it was Anzac day but sadly

we didn’t go to school.

So on Wednesday we pretended to act like real soldiers.

In class there were strings everywhere so then we had to crawl underneath all of them.

We had some activities to do and I got to say it was really hard to do the activities with all of the strings up on our heads.

And some teachers were really struggling to crawl around everywhere or somewhere they needed to go because there knees might of hurted.

I wonder why the soldiers fight a lot. They can’t just be friends instead of just fighting with each other.

All of the other students thought it would be fun but instead it was more then just fun it was exiting but when I first got in there I felt like a real  soldier.

I loved everything also  when we got to read our writing that we did when we were under the string I felt nervous but then I suddenly knew the bell rang so then I was sad that I didn’t get to share.

2 thoughts on “Anzac day acting like real soldiers going to war!🪖

1. Kia ora Lily,
    It is exciting to hear what you did to help understand what it would be like to be a soldier. In one of the classes I taught in we had to work under tables for the day. We even created dugouts and tunnels we had to crawl through (under smelly blankets). What other activities do you participate in to understand what they soldiers did?

1. Faka lofa lahi atu Tanya

Thank you Tanya for commenting on my amazing soldiers work and also thank you for telling me you guys also did it to.
      I think you guys would of had an amazing time being like a solider’s and it would been really muddy if Te waka ako were in real mud

But what kind of work did you do under neath the tables?